Science - Biology
© irevise.com 2014.
All revision notes have been produced by mockness ltd for irevise.com.
Table of Contents
Drugs are a central part of much controversy nowadays. Parties believe that drugs are beneficial while others believe they should be banned but the truth is that they both have good and bad qualities. This chapter deals with how drugs can be used in hospitals and other medical environments but also recreational drugs and the power they have on the human body.
On concluding this chapter, candidates will be able to:
- Explain the stages of drug development and testing in clinical trials
- Outline the reasons people take drugs for recreational purposes
- Recognising links between drugs and mental health
- Identify the side-effects of steroids in sport
There has been huge controversy surrounding the use of drugs in medical circumstances. For this reason, there needs to be a lot of drug testing before they can be passed on to any patients.
- As new drugs are consistently developed for new illnesses, they must be teste...