- Digestion is the breaking down of food
- Respiration is the release of energy from food
- Excretion is the removal of waste products of chemical reactions in the body
- An antagonistic pair is made up of two muscles that cause opposite effects
- Sensory nerves carry messages to the central nervous system. Motor nerves carry messages away from the central nervous system.
- Ovulation is the release of an egg from the ovary.
- Fertilisation is the joining of the sperm and the egg to form a zygote.