Human Resource Management - Business Revision Notes
© irevise.com 2016.
All revision notes have been produced by mockness ltd for irevise.com.
- Human Resource Management involves managing the employees in a business effectively. Its main purpose is to ensure that the business finds, keeps ad makes best possible use of its employees.
- Manpower Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- Training and Development
- Performance and Appraisal
- Pay and Rewards
- Employer/ Employee Relationships
- It means making sure the business has enough workers with the right skills to do all the jobs in the business. It is not just about the quantity of workers but also the quality of the work they do.
STEP 1: Forecast Future Demand
- The HR Manager must estimate how many employees the business will need in the future. They must also analyse what skills will be needed by the company in the future. Example: If an airline is expanding their routes next year they will need to hire more pilots.
STEP 2: Calculate Existing Supply
- An audit must be conducted of the current employees in the business. It must b...