Communication - Business Revision Notes
© irevise.com 2016.
All revision notes have been produced by mockness ltd for irevise.com.
- Communication involves transferring information from one person to another. The receiver must interpret the message and act upon it.
- There are 2 types of communication: external and internal
- Examples: internal noticeboard, suggestions box, memo
- Upward: A lower to a higher level in an organisation.
eg: making a suggestion to management
- Downward: moves from a higher to a lower level.
eg: managers give orders
- Horizontal: communication moves between people at the same level.
Communication between 2 or more people in the same business.
- Examples: telephone, email, press conference
- Customers: marketing manager replies to their complaints
- Government: entrepreneur sends in tax returns to revenue
- Jargon is a technical language used in a specific industry/workplace that only they understand.
- If the sender uses words the receiver doesn’t understand or jargon, the receiver won’t act on information appropriately.
- Receiver may have personal bias against the sender that impacts their receiving of the message.
- May not listen to what he/she ...