Mock Exam Paper B - Ordinary Level Marking Scheme
SECTION 1: SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Answer 10 questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Please return this question paper with your answer book.
- What do the following letters stand for? (Write each answer in the space provided. (4 + 3 + 3)
IRISH CONGRESS OF TRADE UNIONS
UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE
WORLD WIDE WEB
- List three service providers to a business. Select from banks, accountants, solicitors, etc (4 + 3 + 3)
- Name three management activities: Planning, organising and control (4 + 3 + 3)
- (i) Name two policies of the European Union. Common Agricultural Policy / Common Fisheries Policy/Competition Policy/ Accept any other relevant answer (3 + 3)
(ii) State the importance of one of the policies for Ireland
Importance of CAP – farmers guaranteed minimum prices for produce/ CAP has brought stability to farming. (4 marks for any relevant point to CAP or any other policies chosen by students.)
- Match the two lists by placing the letters of the correct explanation under the relevant number below. (5 x 2)
6. Name the three types of production. Give an example of each.
Job – debs dress/bridge (2 + 2)
Batch – bread/books (1 + 2)
Mass – biros/cars (1 + 2)
7. Name two uses of IT in business
Emails, video conferencing, internet, EDI/Accept any relevant uses (4 + 3 + 3)
8. Distinguish between Capital Gains Tax and Corporation Tax.
Capital Gains Tax is paid on the profits made after selling an asset e.g.property/shares (3 + 2)
Corporation Tax is tax paid on the profits of a company during the tax year. (5)
9. State three elements of a valid contract.
Offer and acceptance (agreement), consideration, intention to con...