Mock Exam Paper A - Ordinary Level - Marking Scheme
PRE - LEAVING CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION,
MOCK PAPER A
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Answer 10 questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Please return this question paper with you answer book.
1. What do the following letters stand for? (Write each answer in the space provided.)
3 + 3 + 2 + 2
VALUE ADDED TAX
LABOUR RELATIONS COMMISSON
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE
2. List three stakeholders in a business.
- Entrepreneur / consumer / producer / investors / suppliers / employers /employees / Accept any relevant answer 4 + 3 + 3
- Land, Labour, Capital and Enterprise are the four factors of production. Give an example for each. 3 + 3 + 2 + 2
- Land Houses / Buildings / Seas / accept any other relevant answer
- Labour Jobs / workers / any other relevant answer
- Capital Investment / any other relevant answer
- Enterprise Entrepreneur taking risk / any other relevant answer
- Name three of the main institutions in the European Union. 4 + 3 + 3
- European Parliament / European Commission / Council of Ministers / Accept any other relevant answer
5. Match the two lists by placing the letters of the correct explanation under the relevant number below. 5 x 2
6. List three elements of a contract.
- Offer / Acceptance / Consideration / intention to contract / capacity to contract / consent to contract / legality of form / legality of purpose
7. (i) Write in three items you think might be included in the Agenda for the AGM of Sand Dunes Golf Club. 2 x 3
Sand Dunes Golf Club
Agenda for the AGM
- Minutes of the last meeting
- Upcoming matches at club
- Election of new members
- Introduction of new computer system / Accept any other relevant answer
(ii) What do the letters AOB stand for? (4)
Any other business
8. Outline two characteristics of an entrepreneur.
2 x 5 (3 + 2)
- Risk taker - financial / personal
- Decision maker
- Accept any other relevant answer
- What is ‘Mark...