Mock exam paper C Ordinary Level
Pre -Junior Certificate Examination, 2013
Materials Technology - Wood
Section A (40 marks)
Time: 2 hours
5(a) or 5(b)
(a) Answer any sixteen questions.
(b) All questions carry equal marks.
(c) Answer the questions in the spaces provided.
(d) This booklet must be handed up at the end of the examination.
(e) Write your name in the box provided and
on all other pages used.
SECTION A-40 MARKS
Answer any 16 questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks.
- (i). Name the tool shown in the diagram.
2. Name the tool labelled A in the diagram and state its use. Name
Name the tool labelled B in the diagram and state its use.
3. The diagram on the right showsa piece of wood with the face edge mark. Draw the face side mark on to the top of the piece.
4. Name the hinge shown in the diagram and state an appropriate use for it.
Pine. Sycamore Holly Ash Oak
5. From the list state the name of the trees the seeds shown come from.
6. Name the power tool shown in the diagram.
7. List two safety precaution you should observe when using a chisel.
8. Show by means of a tick what will ahppen to the following metal if they get wet.
Will Not Rust.
9. What is the function of the Cap iron in a Plane
10. Name the joint shown in the diagram.
11. Using an arrow indicate the location of the Fuse on the diagram.
12. Name the powertool shown in the diagram.
13. Name the method of timber conversion shown in the diagram
14. Complete the sketch of the bridle joint shown.
15. What do the letters C.A.M stand for.
16. List two specific safety precautions you should observe when applying a wood finish.
17. Show by means of a tick weather the following tools are Lathe tools or Carving tools.