Mock exam paper C Higher Level
Pre -Junior Certificate Examination, 2013
Materials Technology - Wood
Section A (40 marks)
Time: 2 hours
5(a) or 5(b)
(a) Answer any sixteen questions.
(b) All questions carry equal marks.
(c) Answer the questions in the spaces provided.
(d) This booklet must be handed up at the end of the examination.
(e) Write your name in the box provided and
on all other pages used.
SECTION A-40 MARKS
Answer any 16 questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks.
- (i). Name the tool shown in the diagram.
(ii) What is this tool used for.
2. The diagram bellow shows three types of screw head. In the spaces provided name any Two of the screw heads.
3. The diagram on the right shows a CNC router. What do the letters CNC stand for?
4. The diagram on the right shows a portion of a cross section of a tree. (i) In the spaces provided name parts A and B.
(ii) In the space provided state one differance between the two parts.
5. (i) What type of tree would commonly grow in the zone marked X on the map . (a). Hardwoods. (b). Softwoods. (c). A mix of both.
(ii). State on reason these types of trees are found in this part of the world. Reason:
6. The diagrams bellow show the leaves of three trees found in Irish forests. Name the trees in the spaces provided.
7. (i). Plastics can be divided into two main Categories. Name the two categories in the spaces provided.
(ii) Which Category can only be moulded one time.
8. (i)Name the timber defect shown in the diag...