Pre -Junior Certificate Examination, 2011
Materials Technology - Wood
Section A (40 marks)
Time: 2 hours
(a) Answer any sixteen questions.
(b) All questions carry equal marks.
(c) Answer the questions in the spaces provided.
(d) This booklet must be handed up at the end of the examination.
(e) Write your examination number in the box provided and
on all other pages used.
5(a) or 5(b)
Section A – 40 MARKS
Answer any 16 questions from this section. All questions carry equal marks.
- From the list given identify the nails shown with a tick (/)in the box.
Round wire Nail
- Name the tool labelled A in the diagram and give its use.
Name the tool in the diagram labelled B and give its use
- Complete the face side face edge symbol on the diagram bellow.
- Name the fitting bellow and give is use.
- From what trees in the list do the seeds shown come? Pine , Ash, Oak, Sycamore, Beech.
- Name the power tool shown in the diagram.
- List two safety precautions you should observe when using an electric sander in the workshop.
- Name any two parts of the chisel shown bellow.
9. The diagram shows the cross section of a tree. With an arrow show where the Sapwood is located.
- Name the joint shown in the diagram.
- Name the method of timber conversion shown bellow.
- Seasoning is the process used to dry timber. There a two way to season timber. Name one of the methods.
- On the table bellow identify with a tick (/)which of the manufactured boards are particle boards.
- Which sand paper is rougher P80 or P200?
- Show by means of a tick (/) which group each of these tools belong to.
Sign In To View
Sign in or sign up in order to view resources on iRevise
Create An Account