Mock exam paper E Paper 2
Pre-Junior Cert Examination
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
For examiner use only
Page 1 of 22
There are 15 questions in this examination paper.
Answer all questions.
Questions do not necessarily carry equal marks. To help you manage your time during this examination, a maximum time for each question is suggested. If you remain within these times, you should have about 15 minutes left to review your work
Write your answers in the spaces provided in this booklet. You may lose marks if you do not do so. There is space for extra work at the back of the booklet. You may also ask the superintendent for more paper. Label any extra work clearly with the question number and part.
The superintendent will give you a copy of the booklet of Formulae and Tables. You must return it at the end of the examination. You are not allowed to bring your own copy into the examination.
Marks will be lost if all necessary work is not clearly shown.
Answers should include the appropriate units of measurement, where relevant.
Answers should be given in simplest form, where relevant.
Write make and model of calculator(s) here:
Page 2 of 22
Question 1 (5 mins)
- A sector has radius length of 4.5 cm and subtends and angle of 45 .
- Find in terms of , the area of the sector.
- Calculate the total length of the perimeter of the sector. Give your answer correct to one decimal place.
(b) A solid cone has a slant height of 65 cm and base radius of 4 cm.
- Find the perpendicular height of the cone.
(ii) Find the volume of the cone in , correct to two decimal places, taking = 3:142.
Page 3 of 22
Question 2 (5 mins)
- Six people, John, Patrick, Laura, Avril, Emer and Danny, leave for the same place of work at the same time. They all arrive for work at di erent times.
- How many di erent ways can the six people arrive at work.
- If John arrives rst and Avril arrives last, how many di erent ways can the other people arrive at work?