Mock exam paper B Ordinary Level Level Marking Scheme
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
MARKING SCHEME AND SOLUTIONS
Answer 16 (sixteen) of the following questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. List two foods that are high in protein (1 x 3m) (1 x 2m)
- Milk products
- Soya beans
- Whole cereals etc..
2. Indicate with a tick [✓ ] whether each of the following statements is true or false. (2 x 2m) (1 x1m)
3. Name one water soluble and one fat soluble vitamin: (1 x 3m) (1 x 2m)
- Water soluble = B & C
- Fat soluble = ADEK
4. Give two reasons why it is important to eat a healthy breakfast: (1 x 3m) (1 x 2m)
- Ability to think and concentrate.
- Increased ability to learn.
- Decreased stress hormones, irritability
5. Place the fruits under the correct heading: (5 x 1m)
6. Give one advantage and one disadvantage of using credit to pay for goods: (1 x 3m) (1 x 2m)
Adv: Use the item before fully paid off
Some large items could not be bought without credit as it would take too long to save e.g. house
Disadvantages: Credit costs more as interest is charged
Encourages consumers to spend more than they can afford
7. Indicate with a tick [✓ ] whether each of the following statements is true or false: (2 x 2m) (1 x 2m)
8. What information does this symbol give to the consumer? (1 x5m)
The product has been made from recycled material.
Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
9. List four sources of consumer information: ( 3 x 1m) (1 x 2m)
- Consumer Association of Ireland
- Office of Ombudsman
- Leaflets and brochures
- Showrooms & exhibitions
- Sales staff
- Word of mouth
- Citizens information centre
10. Name one physical change that occurs in boys and one physical change that occurs in girls during adolescence: (1 x 3m) (1 x 2m)
Girls – Increase in height and weight
- Breasts begin to grow
- Periods begin
- Hair grows ...