Mock exam paper D Section 1 Higher Level
You must return this paper with your answer book. Otherwise, marks will be lost.
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
GEOGRAPHY – HIGHER LEVEL
SECTION 1 – FOLDER (60 MARKS)
Time: 2 Hours
Folder Marking Grid
NOTE: SECTION 2 OF THIS PAPER IS SUPPLIED SEPARATELY
SECTION 1 (60 MARKS)
Answer ALL questions.
You have a choice within three questions.
Be sure to return this folder with your answer book.
Otherwise, marks will be lost.
- THE EARTH’S CRUST
The map shows some of the earth’s crustal plate boundaries.
Circle the correct option in each of the statements below.
- The area at A is a major earthquake zone. True / False
- The area at B is known as the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. True / False
- The area at C is known as the Rocky Mountain Fault. True / False
Complete the following sentences.
- The origin of an earthquake is known as the __________________________.
- A tidal wave created by an earthquake is known as a ___________________.
(iii) The scale used to measure earthquakes is the__________________________.
- WEATHER INSTRUMENTS
Examine the photograph and complete the paragraph below.
This white box is known as a _______________ _________________.
____________________ is measured within this box using a maximum and minimum
thermometer. Also found inside this box is a hygrometer which measures
Which of the following are all examples of sedimentary rocks?
[Tick () the correct box.]
- Granite, limestone and quartzite
- Granite, marble and quartzite
- Marble, coal and sandstone
- Sandstone, limestone and shale
- MASS MOVEMENT
The diagrams show a type of mass movement.
Tick () the correct box in each of the statements below.
- The process shown is:
Soil creep a landslide
- The type of mass movement shown is:
- The type of mass movement shown is most likely to occur:
At the side o...