Mock exam paper B Section 2 Ordinary Level
FOR THE EXAMINER
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2012
GEOGRAPHY – ORDINARY LEVEL
SECTION 2 (90 marks)
TIME: 2 Hours
Note: Section 1 of this paper is on a separate folder, where spaces are provided for your answers. Please remember to return your Section 1 Folder with your answer book.
SECTION 2 (90 MARKS)
Answer any THREE questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
Question 1. RIVERS
- Name one landform formed by river erosion.
Describe with the aid of diagrams, how it was formed. 
- Name one landform formed by river deposition.
Describe with the aid of diagrams, how it was formed.
Rivers are used by people for many different purposes.
Describe three ways in which people use river.
Rivers can also create problems for people.
Describe two such problems. 
Question 2. GEOGRAPHICAL MIX
Answer any THREE of the questions A, B, C, and/or D.
A. Irish Soil Types
Examine the map showing Ireland’s main soil types
- What is the most common soil type in Ireland? 
- What is the most common soil type in County Clare? 
- Select one Irish soil type and write a brief description of it using the following headings:
- Name of soil Type
- Where it is found
- How it was formed
- Soil Fertility
B. Traffic Congestion
(i) Give two reasons why traffic congestion happens so often in our towns and cities.
(ii) Briefly describe two methods which have been used to ease such congestion.
Question 2. GEOGRAPHICAL MIX (continued)
- Population Density
Choose a European country you have studied.
- Name the country you have chosen.
- Name one part of it that is heavily populated.
- Name one part of it that is lightly populated.
- Explain two reasons why the heavily populated a...