Mock exam paper A Listening & Reading Comprehension Higher Level
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2011
FRENCH – HIGHER LEVEL
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There are three sections in this paper, viz. Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Written Expression.
- Pay particular attention to the instructions relating to each question as they are given on the examination paper.
- Before the commencement of the listening comprehension test proper, you will have 5 minutes to read the instructions dealing with to and the questions. You may not ask any questions or make any comment while the test is in progress.
- When you have finished Section I (listening comprehension of recorded passages), you should proceed immediately to Sections II and III of the paper.
- MAKE SURE YOU WRITE YOUR EXAMINATION NUMBER IN THE SPACE PROVIDED ABOVE.
Listening Comprehension (140 marks)
NB. This section must be answered in English
Your examination will start with three conversations. In each case say whether the conversation takes place in.
- A market
- A boutique
- A bookshop
- A lost property office
- A cinema
You will hear each conversation twice. You may answer the question after either hearing. Give the answer by writing a, b, c, d or e in the appropriate box below.
- First conversation
- Second conversation
- Third conversation
N.B. For Examiners use only.
You will now hear two people introducing themselves, first Julie and then Luc. Each of the recordings will be played three times. Listen carefully and fill in the required information on the grids at 1 and 2 below.
- First Speaker: Julie
Name of place where she lives in
Number of brothers and sisters
Fathers Job & Mothers Job
- Second Speaker: Luc
What colour hair does he have
What pet does he have and what is his ...