Lord of the Flies, Essential Revision Notes
© irevise.com 2016.
All revision notes have been produced by mockness ltd for irevise.com.
Table of Contents
Why become A-Grade member?
- Access unlimited Revision Premium revision notes Created by top class teachers and subject experts.
- Access revision content across a wide range of subjects.
- Access almost 1000 maths tutorials helping you understand, learn and approach maths questions to ace your exams.
- Access A – Grade Sample Answers to help steer you in the right direction.
- Access mock exam papers (unseen) and marking schemes to help you continuously practice.
- Access revision notes any time any where and on your mobile device.
- Only €5.99 per month.
"My daughter was a member of mocks.ie last year, she found it great and excellent value. She got access to revision notes, A grade sample answers and exam papers. I would have no hesitation in recommending any parent signing their students up for the year!! All in all an excellent revision resource" - Sinead Leonard, Sligo."
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
William Golding was born on September 19, 1911, in Cornwall, England. Although he tried to write a novel as early as age twelve, his parents urged him to study the natural sciences. Golding followed his parents’ wishes until his second year at Oxford, when he changed his focus to English literature. After graduating from Oxford, he worked briefly as a theatre actor and director, wrote poetry, and then became a schoolteacher. In 1940, a year after England entered World War II, Golding joined the Royal Navy, where he served in command of a rocket-launcher and participated in the invasion of Normandy.
Golding’s experience in World War II had a profound effect on his view of humanity and the evi...