Mock exam paper D Foundation Level Marking Scheme
JUNIOR CERTIFICATE 2014
SECTION 1: READING 60 MARKS
- Find answers to the following questions:
A Find the answers to the following questions marks
- Can the girl run quickly? (5)
Yes she says she can run faster than most of the girls
2. Is the girl the only target? (5)
No she is not.
3. Where is the girl planning on running to (5)
Toward the pile, toward the bow
4. What food does she find? (5)
She found some bread
B What does the girl sprint to get ? (10)
A bright orange backpack
C Who does she become afraid of? (10)
She is afraid suddenly of the other girl
D Does she think the girl will follow her? (10)
No she doesn’t
E Why does she start to smile? (10) Because she feels safe
SECTION 2 PERSONAL WRITING 60 MARKS
Write about one page on one of the following topics:
PICK ONLY ONE TOPIC
A My favourite book
B A famous actor
D A visit to the hospital
E ‘’ I am so happy’ I said, please continue the story
F If I was a teacher I would----------------
Evaluate, by impression, using the full range of marks.
F E D C B A
6» 15» 24» 33» 42» 51»
In determining an appropriate grade consider the following:
- Is the writing a clear response to the chosen topic?
- Has the writer managed to shape the response in a purposeful way?
- Is the command of language sufficient to communicate thoughts and
Feelings with ease and effect?
SECTION 3 FUNCTIONAL WRITING 60 MARKS
ANSWER EITHER A OR B
- Your family is going on holiday to Spain in Mid June
Invite your pen pal to meet you in Spain
In your letter you should
- Welcome the pe...