Mock exam paper C Ordinary Level Marking Scheme
T: 091 - 520400
Page 1 of 8
Gandhi’s early life
Find answers to the following:
A. 1 What name was given to Gandhi by the Indian people and why ?
Mahatma means great soul, it was given when they discovered he was in their
2 How did Gandhi remember his parents?
His father as truthful, brave, incorruptible but shorttempered and his mother as a saint
3 What happened when he was six?
He went to school in Porbandar but he had difficulty learning to multiply
What type of food did Gandhi’s family eat?
They were vegetarian
What did his friend give him to eat ?
What did Gandhi dream of and why was it important ?
He dreamt a live goat was bleating in his stomach
What did he decide after his parents death?
He would turn carnivorous
- Explain any TWO of the following in your own words: (10) 1 short tempered
2 where his scholarship had improved
3 the two children would quarrel
4 Gandhi's family was sternly vegetarian
Accept range of interpretations once they approximate meaning Impression mark ex (0-10)
Page 2 of 8
SECTION 2: PERSONAL WRITING 
Write a composition on ONE of the following topics.
PICK ONLY ONE TOPIC
- Write an essay on your favourite family member.
- Why I would like to be a famous entertainer.
- Life is too short
- Write a story inspired by the following: ‘The party was a mess’
- My computer.
- A person who I admire.
- Write about a time when a news report affected you.
- ‘She didn’t speak, and I felt awkward and a little afraid...” Write a story suggested by this idea.
A COMPOSITION ON ONE OF THE GIVEN TOPICS- (the candidate is required to provide the structure).
Remember that this task is one of composition. Candidates compose
- Microstructures ( phrases, sentences, etc) and
- Macrostructures (paragraphs, links coherent unit)
- Built on thoughts, feelings, etc
Evaluate bearing in mind the following equally weighted aspects of the composition and the m...