PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE, 2012
SECTION 1: READING 
Gary Neville's biography!
Find answers to the following:
- Why was Neville called the most hated footballer in the country ? (5)
-Blamed for the English team threatening to go on strike.
- When did the English team threaten to go on strike? (5)
-Before Euro 2004 qualifier against Turkey
- At 28 why does Neville think he wont play football again? (5)
- Why is Gary Neville nicknamed ‘Red Nev’? (5)
-Because he played for Manchester United ‘red’ nickname
- What was the role of the media in this event according to Neville? (10)
-Front page news, branded him ‘most hated footballer in the country’, made him a scapegoat
- Why does Neville feel that the Football Association ‘mishandled Rio Ferdinand’s case’? (10)
- We must wait until the hearing to punish him – judging before evidence has been heard is wrong
- What was his reaction to Rio Ferdinand being dropped over a missed drugs test? (10)
- Initial reaction thought it was a joke, felt Ferdinand was wrong to miss the drugs test
- Daft and forgetful- going to get punished for it
- Explain any TWWO of the following in your own words:
- On field achievements- he performed a great accomplished task/ was successful on the pitch
- Consequences would be drastic- end results would be severe
- Someone had to stick up for a point of principle- someone has to defend a point of view
- Off the hook- freed from blame (10)
SECTION 2: PERSONAL WRITING 
Write a composition on ONE of the following topics.
PICK ONLY ONE TOPIC
A Write an essay on your important possession.
B Why I would like to be President of Ireland.
C There is more to life than having money.
D Write a story inspired by the following: ‘The limo was outside, but inside the house ….’
E My mobile phone
F A pe...
Sign In To View
Sign in or sign up in order to view resources on iRevise
Create An Account