Mock exam paper B Foundation Level Marking Scheme
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE 2012
1 | P a g e
SECTION 1: READING 60 MARKS
- Find the answers to the following questions marks
1. Where was the wolf seen by the author?
The wolf was seen by the author among the rocks in Greenland
2. What entices the wolf to come into view?
The wolf was enticed by the fragrance of curry.
3. The author described the wolf as a type of dog. What type?
4. How many were in the wildlife party with Michael Viney?
There were three people in the wildlife party
- The last wolf in Ireland is a common term. Why?
It is a common term because there are many folklore tales of different lone wolves in
the country before they went extinct in Ireland.
- What was the difference between the native Irish and the colonists in their attitude to the wolf population?
The native population viewed wolves as a fact of life and part of Ireland. In contrast, the colonists viewed them as dangerous and wanted to kill them all.
- Who is Kieran Hickey? Describe his interest in wolves
Kieran Hickey is a geographer and a lecturer. He has written a book about wolves and
describes research on wolves as “in his blood”.
- How has the script informed you of the wolf population in Ireland
The script has informed me that wolves are extinct in Ireland since the late sixteenth
2 | P a g e
Write about one page on ONE of the following topics.
- My favourite animal
- my ambition
- The big event
- A visit to the doctor
- ‘’I will be careful ‘’ I said please continue the story
- If I was the president of America I would----------------
- Old age
- The Summer holidays
Evaluate, by impression, using the full range of marks.
In determining an appropriate grade, consider the following:
- Is the writing a clear response to the chosen topic?
- Has the writer managed to shape the response in a purposeful way?
- Is the command of language sufficient to communicate thoughts and feelings with some ease and effect?
3 | P a ...