Mock exam paper C Common Level
PRE-JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2013
CIVIL, SOCIAL AND POLITICAL EDUCATION
TIME: 1 ½ HOURS
- Make sure to write your examination number in the box above.
2. Answer all questions in Section 1 (18 marks)
Answer any three questions in Section 2. (42 marks)
Answer any one question in Section 3 (20 marks)
Total (80 marks)
- Write your answers in the spaces provided.
4. Hand up this paper at the end of the examination.
For the Examiner
Total end of page totals
Answer ALL of the questions in this section.
1. The photographs below are of four politicians who are, or who have been, Cabinet members in the Irish government.
In the space provided, write down the name of the politician which matches each picture.
2. (a) Which one of the following people is the Secretary General of the United Nations?
Put a tick  in the box opposite the correct name.
(i) Kofi Annan [ ] (iii) David Cameron [ ]
(ii) Ban Ki-Moon [ ] (iv) Mary McAleese [ ]
` (b) How many Dáil TD’s are there at present?
Put a tick  in the box opposite the correct number.
(i) 113 [ ] (iii) 43 [ ]
(ii) 166 [ ] (iv) 150 [ ]
(c) The European Parliament meets each month in Brussels and also in one other European city. Name the other European city.
Put a tick [ ] in the box opposite the correct city.
(i) London [ ] (iii) Budapest [ ]
(ii) Prague [ ] (iv) Strasbourg [ ]
(d) The Houses of the Oireachtas meet in what building?
Put a tick  in the box opposite the correct building.
(i) The GPO [ ] (iii) Áras an Uachtaráin [ ]
(ii) Stormont [ ] (iv) Leinster House [ ]
3. Complete each of the following sentences.
(a) The system of voting in Ireland is called p__...