Mock exam paper D P2 Higher Level
PRE - JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
BUSINESS STUDIES – HIGHER LEVEL – PAPER II
TIME: 2 HOURS
- All questions carry equal marks.
- Attempt any FOUR questions.
- Marks will be awarded for layout and presentation including, where appropriate, folios and dates.
- Dates should show the day, month and year.
- Calculators may be used.
This is a Book of First Entry, Ledger and Trial Balance Question.
Answer all parts of this question:
Custom Cutz Ltd, a sporting apparel manufacture, had the following balances in its General Journal on 01 January 2014:
Creditor : Hewitt Ltd
Ordinary Share Capital
Assets & Liabilities & Share Capital of Custom Cutz Ltd on this date:
- Post the above balances in the General Journal to the relevant ledger accounts and Analysed Cash Book.
- Record the following Credit Transactions in the Sales & Purchases Day Book of Custom Cutz Ltd for the month of January 2013. Post relevant figures from the books to the Ledger Accounts.
Purchased goods on credit from Hewitt Ltd
€21,000 + VAT 23%
Sold goods on credit to Brown Ltd
€31,000 + VAT 23%
Sold goods on credit to Barker Ltd
Invoice No. 78
€15,500 + VAT 23%
- Record the following Bank Transactions for the month of January in the Analysed Cash Book of Custom Cutz Ltd. Post relevant figures to the Ledger Accounts.
Debit (Receipts) Side:
Credit (Payments) Side:
Note: Analyse the Bank Transactions using the following money headings:
Shareholder investment -lodged
Receipt No. 15
Cash Sales Lodged
€99,000 (€76,115 + Vat €22,885)
Purchased for resale
(Cheque No 11) ...