Mock exam paper D P1 Section B Higher Level
PRE - JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
BUSINESS STUDIES – HIGHER LEVEL – PAPER I
TIME: 2 ½ HOURS
- All questions carry equal marks.
- Attempt any FOUR questions.
- Marks will be awarded for layout and presentation including, where appropriate, folios and dates.
- Dates should show the day, month and year.
- Calculators may be used.
This is a house hold budget question.
Answer all parts of this question
- Page 8 of Section A is a partially completed Budget Table for the Brett household for 2014. You are required to complete this form by filling in the figures for the ‘Estimate: April to December’ column, and the ‘Total for year’ column. The following information should be considered:
- David expects to get a bonus of €2,500 at Christmas.
- Mary expects to get a 5% pay rise from 1st September 2014. She receives her overtime at the end of quarter 2 and quarter 4 of which she expects to receive €1,500 each quarter.
- The National budget outlined that Child benefit will decrease by €30 per month from 1st June.
- The Mortgage repayment is likely to increase by €125 per month from 01 July 2014.
- The total amount payable for property tax in 2014 is €540.
- Mary’s car insurance falls due for renewal in November and she expects it to be €500 which she will pay in full.
- House insurance is paid every quarter a fixed amount of €80 per quarter.
- Car loan is €75 per month due to be fully repaid following the October payment.
- Households costs are expected to be €700 per month expect in August when the family are on Holiday for two weeks and expect the household costs to be 50% less for August.
- ESB Bill for the 12 months (Jan –Dec) is expected to be €1,450.
- Car Running Costs are expect to be €70 per month for petrol and €150 service due in December.
- School Expenses of €120 is expected in September
- Social expenditure is expected to be €100 per month expect in December when it will be double.
- The household have Birthday’s in May & July ...