Mock exam paper C Section B Ordinary Level
PRE – JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2012
BUSINESS STUDIES - ORDINARY LEVEL
Time: 2hours 30 minutes
1. This is a Household Budget Question.
(To be completed on the Examinations Booklet)
Answer all parts of this question:
The following is a budget for the Bell household for four months, May to August 2012.
Opening Cash in Hand is €950.
- Peter Bell earns €2,000 per month
- Ann Bell earns €2,100 and expects a bonus of €750 net in July.
- Child Benefit is €280 per month
- The house mortgage of €650 per month will increase to €720 from 1st of July
- House insurance premium is €860 per year, payable monthly.
- Peter’s annual car insurance is €520 payable in May. Ann’s annual car insurance is €340 payable in August.
- Household expenses are usually €920 per month except in August when they are €200 less.
- Car running costs are expected to be €70 per month for Peter and €50 for Ann.
- ESB bills for light and heat are expected to amount to €150 in May and €100 in July, while a fill of heating oil costing €500, will be required in July.
- Telephone bills for the home are expected to be €150 in June and €170 in August, while the bills for the mobile phones will be €80 per month.
- The family have booked a holiday in Spain for €3,000 in July. They must pay a deposit of €350 in May and the balance in June.
- Entertainment will cost €300 per month except in July, when it will cost €250.
- A birthday present will cost €300 in July.
- Complete the blank household budget form (On page 7 of Section A) using all of the above figures...