Mock exam paper C Section A Ordinary Level
PRE JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION 2013
BUSINESS STUDIES – ORDINARY LEVEL
2 hours and 30 minutes
JC Business Studies Ordinary Level Only
Answer Section A (starting on Page 2) and Section B (starting on Page 8)
Calculators may be used
Make and Model of Calculator used
1. Total of end of page totals
2. Aggregate total of all disallowed Question(s)
3. Total mark awarded (1 minus 2)
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 5 marks.
- What do the following letters stand for? (Write each answer in full in the space provided.)
- Arrange the following customers’ names in alphabetical order:
Anne Gilroy, Greg Gill, Frank Gilligan, Mary Gilmartin
- Indicate by using a tick (√ ) YES or No in each case which of the following countries are in the European Union.
- Fill in the two missing Factors of Production in the spaces provided.
- Eoghain Grant has his current account in the Bank of Ireland, Mallow, Cork. On the 21 November 2012, she paid a cheque for €85 to Mary Ryan.
(Write the correct word from the following list)
DRAWEE DRAWER PAYEE
Eoghain Grant is the _________________________ of this cheque
- Place a tick(√) after each statement showing whether it is TRUE or FALSE:
RAM refers to the memory of a computer
A keyboard is an example of an output device
A computer screen is also refer to as a VDU
- Name the currency, which is legal tender in each country below
- Which one of the following is a visible export for Ireland?
Irish tourists on holidays in Spain ( )
Irish meat sold in France ( )
Irish consumers buying Australian wine ( )
- The following figures are from the accounts of Platt Ltd. for the year ending 31 December 2012:
Closing Stock €75,000 Cash in Bank €9,000 Buildings €700,000
Cash on Hand €2,250
From the above figures calculate t...