Mock exam paper C Ordinary Level Marking Scheme
PRE JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION 2013
BUSINESS STUDIES – ORDINARY LEVEL
W: http://www.irevise.com/ T: 091 - 520400
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 5 marks.
- What do the following letters stand for? (Write each answer in full in the space provided.)
Pay related social insurance 3m
Automated Teller machine 2m
- Arrange the following customers’ names in alphabetical order:
Anne Gilroy, Greg Gill, Frank Gilligan, Mary Gilmartin
- Indicate by using a tick (√ ) YES or No in each case which of the following countries are in the European Union.
- Fill in the two missing Factors of Production in the spaces provided.
- Eoghain Grant has his current account in the Bank of Ireland, Mallow, Cork. On the 21 November 2012, she paid a cheque for €85 to Mary Ryan.
(Write the correct word from the following list)
DRAWEE DRAWER PAYEE
Eoghain Grant is the ____Drawer 5m_____________________ of this cheque
- Place a tick(√) after each statement showing whether it is TRUE or FALSE:
RAM refers to the memory of a computer
A keyboard is an example of an output device
A computer screen is also refer to as a VDU
- Name the currency, which is legal tender in each country below
US dollar 3m
- Which one of the following is a visible export for Ireland?
Irish tourists on holidays in Spain ( )
Irish meat sold in France ( x ) 5m
Irish consumers buying Australian wine ( )
- The following figures are from the accounts of Platt Ltd. for the year ending 31 December 2012:
Closing Stock €75,000 Cash in Bank €9,000 Buildings €700,000
Cash on Hand €2,250
From the above figures calculate the Current Assets of Platt Ltd.
75 000 + 9000 + 2250
3 for working 2 for answer
- Apart from banks, name two other institutions/Agencies in which people can borrow from