PRE – JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
BUSINESS STUDIES - ORDINARY LEVEL
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- All questions carry equal mark.
- Answer ANY five questions.
- Marks will be awarded for workings, layout and presentation.
- Dates should show the day, month and year.
- Calculators may be used
1. This is a Household Budget Question.
(Answers to be completed in Section A Booklet – page 9)
Answer all parts of this question:
The following is a budget for the Ring household for the last four months of 2013.
Opening Cash in Hand is €750.
- Pat Ring earns €2,350 per month and expects an increase of €100 per month starting with Octobers Salary.
- Amy Ring earns €2,100 and expects a Christmas bonus of €1,050 net in December.
- Child Benefit is €280 per month.
- House Rental is €540 per month.
- House contents insurance of €180 per year, payable monthly from July each year.
- Car Insurance for the Ring’s is €400 per annum. They pay this in four equal installments per year. There is one installment due in December.
- Car tax is due in October of €333 and is paid in full in October.
- Amy pays the TV license by buying 3 TV stamps per month. Each TV stamp costs €4.
- Household costs are €870 per month except in December when they are expected to be €230 extra.
- Car running costs are expected to be €45 per month for Pat and €25 per month for Amy. Both cars are due a service in October at a total cost of €825, which is additional to car running costs.
- Landline phone and broadband package is expected to be €65 in September and €85 in November. In addition, mobile bills are paid monthly, at a cost of €25 for Amy and €30 for Pat.
- Bills for light and heat are expected to be €115 in October and €210 in December, while a fill of home he...
Sign In To View
Sign in or sign up in order to view resources on iRevise
Create An Account