Mock exam paper B Section A Ordinary Level
PRE JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION 2014
BUSINESS STUDIES – ORDINARY LEVEL
2 hours and 30 minutes
JC Business Studies Ordinary Level Only
Answer Section A (starting on Page 2) and Section B (starting on Page 9)
Calculators may be used
Make and Model of Calculator used
1. Total of end of page totals
2. Aggregate total of all disallowed Question(s)
3. Total mark awarded (1 minus 2)
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 5 marks.
- The following initials are used in technology. What do they stand for?
(Write each answer in full in the space provided.)
- Arrange the following customers’ names in alphabetical order:
- Indicate by using a tick ( ) which of the following countries joined the European Union in July 2013 becoming the 28th Member state of the EU.
- There are four factors of production. Two are listed below, name the other two in the space provided below.
- Place a tick() after each statement showing whether it is TRUE or FALSE:
It is legal for retailers to show the following sign on their premises: ‘Goods will NOT be exchanged’
The Consumer Protection Act 2007 protects consumers against false and misleading information.
- The following line graph shows the rate of inflation in a country over the last 5 year.
Study the graph and answer the questions that follow:
- Which year had the highest rate of Inflation?
- How is inflation measured in Ireland?
- Emmet O’Halloran received his wages in cash. His employer used the least number of notes and coins possible when putting the cash in Emmet’s pay envelope. Complete the Note/Coin Analysis slip showing how many notes and coins of each amount were in the envelope.
- Which one of the following is an example of an...