Mock exam paper B P1 Section A Higher Level
This Question Paper MUST be returned with
your answer book at the end of the
Examination, otherwise marks will be lost.
PRE - JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2012
BUSINESS STUDIES – HIGHER LEVEL – PAPER I
TIME: 2 ½ HOURS
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 4 marks.
Calculators may be used.
Make and Model of Calculator Used:
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 4 marks
1. Fill in the drawer, drawee and payee for the following transaction in the appropriate spaces below.
On the 2nd of January 2012, Mary Ryan, who has a current account in A.I.B. Ennis paid €310 by cheque to Joan Madden.
2. Explain the term Utmost Good Faith in relation to insurance
3. Enter the following balances in the partially completed General Journal of Smyth Ltd.
1 January 2012 Stock 28,000
Bank Overdraft 3,000
Smyth Ltd.- General Journal
4. A €60 investment matured to €63 after 6 months. Calculate the annual % return.
5. Mary buys an item on eBay for £94 Sterling. She goes to the bank to change euro into a sterling draft and sees the following rates quoted on the display board.
Calculate the amount in euro that Mary will pay for £94 sterling