Mock exam paper B Ordinary Level Marking Scheme
PRE - JUNIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, 2014
Paper A & B
Answer all 20 questions. Each question carries 5 marks.
- The following initials are used in technology. What do they stand for?
(Write each answer in full in the space provided.)
Random Access Memory
Visual Display Unit
- Arrange the following customers’ names in alphabetical order:
- Indicate by using a tick ( ) which of the following countries joined the European Union in July 2013 becoming the 28th Member state of the EU.
- There are four factors of production. Two are listed below, name the other two in the space provided below.
Capital (3 Marks)
ENTERPRISE (2 marks)
- Place a tick() after each statement showing whether it is TRUE or FALSE:
It is legal for retailers to show the following sign on their premises: ‘Goods will NOT be exchanged’
The Consumer Protection Act 2007 protects consumers against false and misleading information.
- The following line graph shows the rate of inflation in a country over the last 5 year.
Study the graph and answer the questions that follow:
2012 – 3 Marks
CPI – 2 Marks
- Emmet O’Halloran received his wages in cash. His employer used the least number of notes and coins possible when putting the cash in Emmet’s pay envelope. Complete the Note/Coin Analysis slip showing how many notes and coins of each amount were in the envelope.
9 x ½ mark per each correct recording – additional ½ if fully correct.
- Which one of the following is an example of an invisible import for Ireland?
Tick () th...